JEF-NL cares greatly about the privacy of its members and uses the personal data it obtains from its members exclusively in accordance with the applicable privacy rules as described in this privacy statement and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Article 4 (1) GDPR defines personal data as follows: ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
- “Processing of personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation shall be prohibited.”
JEF-NL Nederland collects various data from its members to verify their identity, to communicate with members, and to obtain accreditation from the Institutions of Higher Education.
This data consists of:
- E-mail address;
- First and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Phone number;
- Student number;
- Study / Work;
Data you provide
The email address of our members is primarily used to get in touch with our members, to inform them of developments within JEF-NL, and to receive the newsletter. These last two options are opt-in and can be checked by a future member on the membership form.
The name of the member is used to verify the identity, as well as a general tool in communication. This is also important for booking tickets for events, air travel and the like.
The date of birth is used to determine that a member is of age, and therefore has a power of disposition. This with a view to different age-related organizations, and for booking airline tickets for members.
The telephone number of a member is used for communication purposes, inter alia, for adding to certain JEF-NL Whatsapp groups.
The address of a member is used for communication purposes.
The student number of a member is currently used to obtain accreditation from Maastricht University.
Grounds for the processing of personal data
JEF-NL processes the personal data on the basis of one of the legal grounds mentioned in Article 6 paragraph 1 GDPR. The following grounds are specifically applicable:
If we have requested your permission to process your personal data and you have given your consent, you will always have the right to revoke this consent.
- Implementation of the agreement:
If you give us, an order to deliver our services, we process personal data if and insofar as this is necessary for the execution of the assignment.s.
- Legal obligation:
- Justified interest:
The above information is only shared with the board of the local JEF-NL section to which the member belongs, and the council of national section.
Other members never have access to the information provided via the registration form.
The above information is not shared with third parties, unless this is necessary for the performance of the activities of the member concerned. This includes the booking of airline tickets and hotel stays.
How are these data stored?
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect and we use technical measures to secure your data.
The service provider we use in the United States is part of the American Privacy Shield, an approved policy under EU law.
JEF-NL ensures appropriate security of the personal data that it holds, in accordance with the applicable requirements and guidelines.
The personal data of which the law explicitly imposes the storage on JEF-NL is at least kept for the duration of the statutory retention period. The personal data, the law of which does not explicitly impose custody, will be kept for at least the duration of the membership and this until the expiry of the limitation periods for bringing an action against JEF-NL.
5. The rights of a member with regard to their personal data
- A member is entitled to inspect, and a copy of, his personal data insofar as the exercise of this right does not affect the rights and freedoms of others;
- A member is entitled to have all incorrect personal data relating to him corrected;
- A member is entitled to obtain the removal of his personal data that are incomplete, irrelevant or that have been retained after the permissible duration;
- Each member can request JEF-NL to restrict the processing of personal data and does not further process this data;
- A member has the right to obtain the personal data provided to JEF-NL
6. Contact details of GDPR consultant
Any member may ask questions regarding the privacy statement or request for the exercise of the rights he derives from, inter alia, the General Data Protection Regulation:
Eno Scheeren, Legal Consultant JEF-NL Netherlands
JEF-NL will inform the relevant member of the processing of the request as soon as possible, but in any event within one month of receipt of the request.
For the sake of completeness, but for the sake of completeness, a member also has the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
List of the Institutions of the Higher Education varies in time depending on the activity of local sections